In the heart of St Peter Port, The Old Government House Hotel & Spa is the only five-star hotel in GuernseyVisit site
Sitting proudly just up the hill from the main shopping street and a five-minute walk from the picturesque St Peter Port quayside, The Old Government House Hotel & Spa offers the perfect welcome in this beautiful, balmy corner of the British Isles.
We offer two management programmes. The first is a 2½ year programme is open to ambitious graduates, with at least 6 months of work experience in hospitality looking to become our General Managers of the future. Our second management programme is open to those without formal qualifications, to people who can demonstrate the passion and desire to succeed in our industry.
We were so proud to be awarded platinum at the 2020 Global Corporate Investors in People awards and to be awarded the Princess Royal Training Award 2020 for our Graduate Programme, the first hotel company to do so. We were also delighted to be named the Best Graduate Scheme and Highly Commended for the Best Student Placement Scheme at the 2019 Institute of Hospitality Awards, and to be awarded Gold for Hospitality - Overall-Education Programme at the 2017 Travel Weekly Magellan Awards.
• Mentoring support with a key member of the Management or Executive Team
• Experience London and travel around the UK and Ireland
• Formal training with internationally recognised qualifications
• Direct access to Managing Director, Jonathan Raggett
• Staff accommodation in Dorset, Guernsey and Ireland
• Permanent operational management opportunities
Programme focus areas: 12 months Rooms Division Training
Programme focus areas: 12 months Food and Beverage training